BETA du forum de guilde TRIBE Index du Forum

BETA du forum de guilde TRIBE

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Mystery of Slow Dell Win 10 Laptop

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    BETA du forum de guilde TRIBE Index du Forum -> DAVIDANIA KOMARADE !! -> DISCUSSIONS DIVERSES ET VARIEES
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
hakekiwani

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Dim 3 Juin - 08:51 (2018)    Sujet du message: Mystery of Slow Dell Win 10 Laptop Répondre en citant

Hello,

I was dealing with a Dell Inspiron i5 laptop recently which was slow as hell. Here is what was tried:All the usual suspects investigated with Process Explorer (nada, zilch). HDD tested fine. RAM tested fine. System virus and malware free according to Kaspersky and MWB. The CPU temp was artic. Wind 10 OS reinstall - still slow.  New hard drive - still slow. 
Here I was beginning to lose my patience. How can system with a brand new Toshiba 2.5" mechanical drive be slow and fresh Win 10 OS install be slow? So time for more digging...but I can find nothing else. So I go and get another brand new Toshiba 2.5" HDD, install it and install Win 10 again. To my dismay, system was still slow.  Hell or high water, I would get to the root of this problem. So BIOS was updated, no difference. RAM tests were run again. No difference.  Eventually, I went to the Intel website and downloaded the Intel RST driver for Windows 10, installed it and rebooted. Guess what, the system is now absolutely flying. Would I be right in thinking some mobo's are not well suited to Windows 10 and really benefit from this driver? I don't know but it worked.  I hope this helps someone else.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1367627
Infographic animation company

Thank you

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 3 Juin - 08:51 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    BETA du forum de guilde TRIBE Index du Forum -> DAVIDANIA KOMARADE !! -> DISCUSSIONS DIVERSES ET VARIEES Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation